Thursday, February 9, 2012

Matchbox Children's Theatre: First assignment in Austin, MN

This is the first assignment I shot as photojournalist for the Post-Bulletin Newspaper in Austin, Minn.  The Matchbox Children's Theatre was having a dress rehearsal of "The Magic Flounder."  The media release requesting a photographer said that I could shoot starting at 6:30p but this would have conflicted with my other assignment for the night, the Minnesota caucuses.  So I showed up early, half expecting to be yelled at by a controlling director or producer- something that has happened to me several times in similar situations in Minneapolis.  I asked the director if it was okay that I was early.  She looked very surprised, "Of COURSE! Thank you!!"  I could get used to this small-town thing.


                                Andrew Alberts, 8, warms up with fellow cast members of "The Magic Flounder" at Paramount Theater in downtown Austin.

 
            Second-grader Ellen Horvat receives wardrobe assistance from Lindsay Leif.



  Lia Culbert, left, and Derek McAlister

 
        Austin High School Sophomore Cole Peterson measures how high fellow cast members can jump.
               
 Peter Torkelson, 13, steps out onto the stage during a dress rehearsal of "The Magic Flounder" Tuesday at Paramount Theater in downtown Austin.

No comments:

Jscorza@postbulletin.com

My photo
If you copy this work to post online, please share the page URL. All rights reserved.

Followers